NYC Dog Walker & Pet care Services
Serving the New York neighborhoods of the Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Harlem, Spanish Harlem, Washington Heights, and Inwood, Uptown PetCare NYC provides dog walking and cat sitting services for long- or short-term periods. We are a "mom-and-pop" home-based business located in South Harlem, just 4 blocks above Central Park. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and great care for your pooch or furry feline in your absence. Whether you are spending the day at work or will be traveling outside of New York, you can rest assured that your beloved pet will be well cared for. Uptown PetCare NYC is fully insured.
NYC Dog Walker Service Areas
Our New York dog walker service areasare focused mostly around uptown NYC neighborhoods, specifically the Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Harlem, Spanish Harlem, Washington Heights, and Inwood. By zip code, we serve 10021, 10023, 10024, 10025, 10026, 10027, 10028, 10029, 10035, 10128, 10037, 10030, 10031, 10039, 10032, 10033, 10040, and 10034 (just don't ask us to memorize these). There are always exceptions to our coverage area, so please contact us if you are in a different neighborhood in Manhattan and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
NYC Dog Walker Services
In New York, and especially in Manhattan, dogs are mean, lean, walking machines. Since they're not graced with the comforts of a big, grassy back yard that is so common in the suburbs, they must hit the streets of NYC to "do their business" and catch a refreshing walk while they're at it. And we think that's a good thing! We actually suspect that city dogs get more exercise mile-for-mile than their suburban counterparts, but that's better left up for debate elsewhere.
Our NYC Dog Walker services include the following:
- Daily scheduled dog walks: From 20 minutes to an hour in length, you choose the most appropriate time for your dog's needs. We offer solo and [occasional] paired walkings only. As the saying goes, "Three's a crowd!"
- No surcharges for extended care: As NYC dog walkers, we tend to value routine. But if you suddenly must leave town for a few days and need additional last-minute walking appointments for your dog, we're happy to roll with the punches and will do our best to accommodate your request without the price-gouging fees.
- It's not just "a walk": A standard "walk" isn't just a few quick laps around the block; we discuss your training techniques and try to mimic them to reinforce your dog's leash training regimen. If you are trying to train your pooch to not pull on his leash or to sit at every intersection before crossing the street, we'll strive to do the same. All of our walks include time for changing of water, an optional feeding, and sometimes even a little play time!
- Vet or grooming visits: We can accompany pets for any special appointments they may have with a vet, groomer, etc. Best of all, we'll go anywhere in NYC, even if it's outside of our service area (transportation costs additional; please schedule ahead of time).
- Puppy care: Puppies need extra attention and care, and to us, that's awesome. Seriously, who wouldn't want a job that allows them to play with puppies?! We can help with daily crate cleaning, feeding, additional bathroom breaks, socialization skills, and playing. And, we always reinforce and mimic your training techniques in the process.
- Cat care: We're not just dog lovers! While dogs are awesome because of their loyalty and affection, we like cats too, because you actually have to earn their affection. Not to mention, their ninja skills are surpassed by no other. We can provide daily brushings and pampering for your royal felines, so your apartment (and clothing) collects less cat hair. We can also provide feeding and litter-changing services.
Doggie Hall of Fame
Member of Pet Sitter
Tell a Friend
We'll give you and a friend $20 off dog walking services if you recommend someone who signs up for 1 month of our weekly NYC dog walker plans. If the person lives in your neighborhood, both of you can save extra money per walk by taking advantage of our paired-walking discount!
- US Pet Ownership Statistics
- Dog Training Tips
- NYC Parks' Dog Run Guide
- NYC Dog Park Etiquette
- New York Council of Dog Owner Groups
- National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS)
- Directory of Veterinarians in NYC